# [HTML5 Boilerplate](http://html5boilerplate.com)
HTML5 Boilerplate is a professional front-end template for building fast,
robust, and adaptable web apps or sites.
This project is the product of many years of iterative development and combined
community knowledge. It does not impose a specific development philosophy or
framework, so you're free to architect your code in the way that you want.
* Source: [https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate](https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate)
* Homepage: [http://html5boilerplate.com](http://html5boilerplate.com)
* Twitter: [@h5bp](http://twitter.com/h5bp)
## Quick start
Choose one of the following options:
1. Download the latest stable release from
[html5boilerplate.com](http://html5boilerplate.com/) or a custom build from
2. Clone the git repo — `git clone
https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate.git` - and checkout the tagged
release you'd like to use.
* HTML5 ready. Use the new elements with confidence.
* Cross-browser compatible (Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox 3.6+, IE6+).
* Designed with progressive enhancement in mind.
* Includes [Normalize.css](http://necolas.github.com/normalize.css/) for CSS
normalizations and common bug fixes.
* The latest [jQuery](http://jquery.com/) via CDN, with a local fallback.
* The latest [Modernizr](http://modernizr.com/) build for feature detection.
* IE-specific classes for easier cross-browser control.
* Placeholder CSS Media Queries.
* Useful CSS helpers.
* Default print CSS, performance optimized.
* An optimized Google Analytics snippet.
* Apache server caching, compression, and other configuration defaults for
* Cross-domain Ajax and Flash.
* "Delete-key friendly." Easy to strip out parts you don't need.
* Extensive inline and accompanying documentation.
Take a look at the [documentation table of
documentation is bundled with the project, which makes it readily available for
offline reading and provides a useful starting point for any documentation
you want to write about your project.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to
of developers have helped make the HTML5 Boilerplate what it is today.